Friday, May 27, 2011

Every Life Counts

I had lunch with a friend last week and we talked about Amazima. She's just joined on to sponsor a child from this Ministry. I was overwhelmed at the immediate action she took after just learning about the ministry not much more than a week ago.
Today I had lunch with another friend and we were talking about the book, Adopted for Life, by Russel D. Moore. In the first chapter he describes his first visit to the orphanage where he adopted his 2 sons and he explains the worst noise he has ever heard: silence. . .
The children don't cry - they've learned from a pattern in the past that there is no reason to cry - because no one will respond.
And I now sit here and cry - looking at my 8 week old child - knowing that when she cries, I will respond or her Daddy will respond, or whoever is watching her will respond. And my heart is broken for what I'm sure breaks God's heart: that there are children living at this very moment who have no one responding to their cries.
In his book he clearly states that he doesn't believe every person is called to adopt, "No one wants parents who adopt children out of the same sense of duty with which they may give to the building fund for the new church gymnasium. But all of us have a stake in the adoption issue, because Jesus does. He is the One who tells us his Father is also, 'Father to the fatherless (Ps. 68:5).' He is the One who insists on calling 'the least of these' his 'brothers' (Matthew 25:40) and the One who tells us that the first time we hear His voice He will be asking us if we did the same."
My friend took a step last week in playing her part in the Great Commission which includes the adoption of sons and daughters in Christ. I'm so proud of her and so thankful for her example. If you want to read about a life that is changing the lives of many click here or here or here

No comments:

Post a Comment