Wednesday, April 11, 2012

tiny cake

Saturday marked 1 year of Augusta Daye Stanfill's life. I'm a broken record - but CANNOT. BELIEVE. IT!

We had a sweet little day, just the three of us - which I treasured. It was delightful and calm and celebratory and normal and nostalgic all at the same time.
Delightful - the weather was glorious and I believe it was an 11 on the WIZ! Doesn't get any better than that!
Calm - It was just the three of us, which was such a fun treat.
Celebratory - We sang Happy Birthday about 12,943 times, got an easter bunny cake for her to dive into, and let her unwrap a rolling ball.
Normal - We were home most of the day hanging out in the back yard or inside watching the Masters, and ran a boring errand to exchange a baby gate for our den.
Nostalgic - We tried to comprehend that we have a toddler, a one year old, a little girl who can eat cake. We tried to comprehend how this little person, who was just a newborn, can now walk. We soaked up the chance to hold her a little longer each time she seemed to want extra snuggles on this day, did she know it was her birthday? We talked about how we couldn't believe we only have 18 more of these with her.


What is this thing?

Ugh, get that offa me!

Eeeeeeewwwwwww! Daddy just shoved it in my mouth!

Mmmmmmm . . . ok, maybe I'll try another bite, Daddy.

Ok, so it's really good. Gotta get those crumbs

Here, try it.

I LOVE this stuff! 

Here, Mama, you try it too. 

Isn't it TERRIFIC!?!?!

AAAAAAHHHHHhahahaha!!! This is SUCH a great day!

"Let's go surfin now, e'rybody's surfin now . . . "

Easter Sunday 2012



______________

Been so thankful to have this song on repeat in my head . . .

Turn your eyes upon Jesus

Look full in His Wonderful Face

And the things of earth shall grow strangely dim

in the Light of His Glory and Grace


3 comments:

  1. Love the family pic. What beautiful friends. But, i also really love her curled toes in the 5th picture. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Daye! And that is the cutest cake ever! Did you make that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not make it :)
      I bought it from the Publix bakery for $1.29 :)
      I thought it was pretty cute too! and of course it was delicious and Taylor kept asking me why I only bought 1 and didn't get the 2 of us our own!

      Delete