Monday, September 24, 2012

We went to the Zoo!

have you seen the movie, We Bought a Zoo? We loved it! 
All day Saturday we said, "We're going to the Zoo" just like how the little girl says it in the movie, only she says, "We bought a zoo!"



a bird a bird oooooooooooooo

giraffes are magnificent

who the hell is that? (One time when Mama was a small child, Eecie and Bots tell the story of overhearing her in the backseat/carseat seeing her reflection in the window and exclaiming, "Who the hell is that?!")

Would ya lookat that?! (for those of you who have not noticed this caption before you MUST click on it to watch one of our favorites)

Just look at it

Warthogs . . . they're somethin' else

They even had a petting zoo. I pet this large goat here once and then decided I was actually petrified of these animals which were laying down so docile like Phelps but weren't like Phelps at all. 

Mama set me up to try and take some pictures of me wearing one of the dresses Eecie made for her when she was a little girl. She has a picture of her at 18 months wearing this dress so my mom thought it would be sentimental to get one of me around 18 months wearing it too . . . only I had all this stuff on my foot


see, this one too!



Mama can't you get it off for me?

Mama had a hard time getting me to smile, so, she did some silly things, but I still just teased her and only kinda acted like I was happy


But then she gave me some acorns and I sat real nice and still and held them in my new tiny chair from Poppy's Daddy, my Great Granddad. It's just my size. And I love it. And I love acorns. I try and say, "a-kern", when I pick them up and hold them in my hands for the rest of the day.

I know you are trying to capture my new fresh hair trim but come on Mama! I am eating AND it is still only breakfast time! 

5 comments:

  1. Cutie! We watched We Bought a Zoo last week and it was so good! The girl is so stinking cute in that movie, almost as cute as Daye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I cant wait to squeeze that girl. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love these pics and your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete