Tuesday, April 12, 2011

1st Dr. Visit

We just got back from our first visit to the Pediatrician. How blessed we are to live in a place where this is a standard and where our children can be seen by a Dr. from the moment they are born and then 4 days after to make sure they are healthy. So thankful.

The Dr. said everything looked great. She was born at 7lbs 7oz, was 7lbs flat when we left the hospital and is now at 7lbs 11oz. She's packing them on! So thankful for that!

Yesterday was a hard day. Tay went back to work and I was sad. It was strange having experienced all we had over the last 4 days and then him not being here. It was hard on both of us. He was able to come home much earlier than normal and we had a good cry together and then a good night just the 3 of us. My sweet Mama made supper for us and had it ready so Tay and I could have a little us time. She's been so wonderful, so sensitive, so supportive and so understanding. Again, so blessed to have her here.
So blessed also to have a husband who continues to love me as he now enters fatherhood - oh man! Lots of transition going on - yesterday seemed to be the day where things got overwhelming and emotions arose and hormones were released. Wasn't prepared for all of that :)
But, we're hanging in there, figuring it out as we go. Trying to make sure we take care of ourselves so we can take care of Sweet baby Daye!
The Lactation Consultant we met with in the hospital was a blessing beyond words - and one thing she said to us was: Just as the pilot of the airplane tells you to always put the oxygen mask on yourself first and then the child, we must navigate through parenthood in the same way. First, being we must take care of ourself, then, we must take care of our marriage, then we must take care our child/ren. And in doing those first two things we are actually taking care of #3 at the same time.
So, anyway - just a little/big lesson we are learning in these first few days of parenthood.
Check out the little peanut - or the little piglet as Bukes likes to call her.

Phelps being so sweet - he's been the BEST! so gentle and so calm.

Sleepy Mama. If you come visit I might scoot you out after a little bit so I can nap with my little bit :)

One of the onesies that was made at the Baby Shower - I filled it in at the hospital.

another bath before the Dr. today - maybe one of my favorite things: when she's all wrapped up in a precious towel head!

Getting ready to go to the Dr.

What we are doing now! Tay is working from home until Aunt Tindy and Birdie arrive and I am making a blog post, so Baby Daye is sleeping in between us like a little angel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment