Wednesday, March 28, 2012

not running yet . . .

just attempting to walk :)
We've got a little mover on our hands
(tay will be so excited that y'all can see his black socks in the background)

here's a little update on other things:
We had a Date Night last night at Ceviche in Roswell . . . and we may just be making Roswell dates have the tradition of Krispy Kreme ending the evening. You can see the hot light on right behind Tay (and also his debit card to show that he did indeed pay for these donuts)

We went to Lake Oconee last weekend with the Stephens fam and had a little train ride with the cousins. This was a spontaneous act of affection caught on film. Daye kinda looks like an 80's aerobic instructor with her headband

Went to see The Hunger Games and definitely brought way too many snacks like M&M's, twizzlers, Krackles,  cupcakes, crystal light, and even still spent money on movie Popcorn and a diet coke. It was a go-all-out type of movie night. Tay just finished reading the book and so I cannot wait to go see the movie again with him

Daye has started carrying around this baby doll from Aunt Sifter

and she still loves to try and take things out of my hand

and get right up in my face so that I can't mistake what she is attempting to do.

I really did walk up on her reading the other day

She opened the pages all by herself 

and tried to touch and feel even though this book isn't one of those and even though it was up side down.

She had quite the selection around her.

James Davis from Liberia made a quick trip to the US for the first time and we got to introduce Daye to him!

Got to visit with the Cweep in Greenville a few weekends ago. We went hiking in part of the area they filmed the Hunger Games :) We also ate at Sassafras and went to an Agatha Christy murder mystery, "The Unexpected Guest" and loved it!

Daye now does this trick when you say, "hello?!" 

And she loves exploring in any and all drawers (major mohawk here slightly hidden by the trash can)

And we've ben trying to get rid of this swing for months, but she's discovered it as a new jungle gym

She gets in and out of it like a tornado quite gracefully

She still loves to take everything out of her drawers and then flip them over and then use them as either drums or speed racers put back up all of the clothes nicely folded

sometimes she sleeps and looks really peaceful . . . 

. . . but quickly gets back to work! I view this scene quite often - only her legs on her tippy toes reaching in to begin the "pull-all-clothes-out-of-here-as-fast-and-determined-as-possible" process

Caught pink-handed

I also just finished reading Beth Moore's sister's story. It is about her life as an alcoholic. 
One of my favorite parts from it was something she quoted from the Autobiography in Five Short Chapters by Portia Nelson.
Chapter 1:
I walk down the street.  There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.  I fall in.  I am lost.  I am helpless.  It isn’t my fault.  It takes forever to find a way out.
Chapter 2:
I walk down the same street.  There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.  I pretend I don’t see it.  I fall in again.  I can’t believe I am in this same place.  But it isn’t my fault.  It still takes a long time to get out.
Chapter 3:
I walk down the same street.  There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.  I see it is there.  I fall in … it’s a habit … but my eyes are open.  I know where I am. It is my fault.  I get out immediately.
Chapter 4:
I walk down the same street.  There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.  I walk around it.
Chapter 5:
I walk down a different street.

1 comment:

  1. So much: 1. I LOVE that she is holding her rattle while walking. So proud of that girl. 2. Krispy Kreme date nights are one of our favorite things, sad but true and so delicious! 3. Yes she does look like an aerobics instructor 4. Seriously her on her tippy toes is awesome!!

    Love to yall.

    ReplyDelete